About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Weirdo. I'm a singer & an artist & a dancer trapped in the body of a girl who can't sing... or draw a straight line... or stop falling... I really fall down a lot. When I'm walking. When I'm standing. When I'm sitting. I'm even capable of doing it in bed. I love tattoos. I have new ones and still want a 7th. (Boys with tattoos?... sigh...) And I love piercings. But have removed most of mine. And I love the nighttime. It is indeed the right time. I think being brunette is the shit. And brown eyes are underrated. Word. I don't like banana or apple flavoured candies. I DO like actual bananas and apples. I very much dislike gobshites! I am afraid of sharks & ghosts, but not vending machines (the silent killer). I've moved a million times, including Oakville, Toronto, London, Dublin...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

cup of joe

This entry serves two purposes. I'm killing two birds with one stone, while stressing frantically that of course I would NEVER kill birds (though I DO let others do it so I can eat chicken) as I love them so very much and have even committed their image x 10 to a very prominent area of my arm... I'm wavering severely off track here but can at least blame the delishy red wine and themad-crazy-tasty gorgonzola pasta coma that I am in...

And we're back.

I love JOE. The clothing line that you get in your local Loblaw Superstore courtesy of Joe Mimram (uuhhhh, Alfred Sung, Club Monaco and Caban. You may have heard.). I love that I can get pomegranates and a fabulous cardigan ($19.99!) in the same place. This is a cardigan that is so on-point for this season that after buying and taking the black one out for a spin, I dashed back to get it in grey and off-white. I'm not going to lie, I'm a teensy bit annoyed that they have changed their website and no long show the line in full by type with price (actually I am MORE than teensyly annoyed) but what can I do? I certainly can't go find a pic of the cardigan online and post it for you, that is true. And I will "Oh hell no" NOT try it on and take a picture in my current state (where do I even start describing my current state???). But take my word for it. This is an awesome cardigan. Perfect length (mid-hip), with a deep V buttoned low with wee little pockets. Just the right cardy to layer over an American Apparel t-shirt dress with leggings and boots. So there.

I also like joe also known as coffee. And I stop every morning for a bold coffee to be poured into my reusable mug to take with me on the short but full of stress Queen streetcar ride to work. But I'm currently absolutely FIXATED on the idea of having a Bosch Tassimo of my very own. Oh the cappucino and the hot chocolate and the crema and the espresso I would have. But would I actually bother to fill the water and push the button, or would I continue to frequent the chain that does this all for me for a small fee? Is it worth the $149 to $169 cost (depending on the shop) or is that money better off spent on another pair of boots??? Hmmm....

No comments: