About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Weirdo. I'm a singer & an artist & a dancer trapped in the body of a girl who can't sing... or draw a straight line... or stop falling... I really fall down a lot. When I'm walking. When I'm standing. When I'm sitting. I'm even capable of doing it in bed. I love tattoos. I have new ones and still want a 7th. (Boys with tattoos?... sigh...) And I love piercings. But have removed most of mine. And I love the nighttime. It is indeed the right time. I think being brunette is the shit. And brown eyes are underrated. Word. I don't like banana or apple flavoured candies. I DO like actual bananas and apples. I very much dislike gobshites! I am afraid of sharks & ghosts, but not vending machines (the silent killer). I've moved a million times, including Oakville, Toronto, London, Dublin...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

low on the love

It's been a while. I have to say, there is not too much to ecstatically enthusiastically love right now.
It is January.
It has been incredibly cold and windy.
I can't use my car because it has been frozen within a glacier and I don't think I'm getting it back until the end of this ice age.
There was a blackout in my hood last week. No heat, among other things, on an incredibly cold night and day.
I've been sick.
Amongst the worst of the things that are stealing my joy is the fact that I'm on a 12 day detox. No sugar, no yeast, no flour, no tropical fruits, no fermented foods or BEVERAGES (hello wine & beer. or should I say goodbye). Meals revolve around brown rice. Booo.

*SPOILER ALERT* What follows is a lot of things I love. I guess I had it in me after all.

On the other hand, my birthday (Fri 9th Jan) was loads of fun. I took the day off work.
I got down to relaxation business at Body Blitz. After an amazing circuit, I had a one hour massage that was perfection.
I followed that up with an Aveda manicure and pedicure chez Civello.
I trotted on down on my pink toes with feathers in my hair to the Gladstone for some dins and a big huge karaoke party. So fantastic a party that it also included HORSE tats. No worries, they're temptastic. So many friends were there, and I do love & appreciate my friends! I know I'm lucky.
And somewhere in the blurry period between 12:30am and 1am, we headed off to the Social for the Friday night rock dance-party.
Finally, a pre-bed snack at the Lakeview. That, my friends, is a perfect birthday.

I was also gifted with a few things that I really wanted. One of course was the tripod I was given early. The other is the delightful Tassimo. I love it! I love having coffee in bed on the weekend and not having to change out of my pyjamas or drink sludge. I'm TRES happy about it. Except due to the detox, it's just sitting on my counter looking pretty.


So I guess I really have nothing to complain about! Err, brrrrr...

See glamourous The Gladstone bathroom photoshoot:

No comments: